Core and fluid analysis is the most efficient and reliable method to determine the properties of your reservoir. Said properties are essential in determining the feasibility of undrilled prospects and central to building reservoir models.
A way of measuring well conditions downhole by studying samples of reservoir rocks, core analysis gives the most accurate insight into the rock properties, among other characteristics, of the well. Core analysis is used to define not only the porosity and permeability of the reservoir rock, but also to unearth the fluid saturation and grain density. All of these measurements help geologists, engineers and drillers better understand the conditions of the well and its potential productivity.
Covering all aspects of Core based data acquisition, our core analysis services principal areas of expertise are project management related to:
- Coring – planning to core and wellsite core handling
- Routine Core Analysis (RCAL);
- Special Core Analysis (SCAL) – Petrophysics and Reservoir Engineering (including core flood Simulation and History Matching)
- Formation Damage (all aspects)
Reservoir fluid analysis is critical for understanding the changing character of produced hydrocarbons over time, and for optimizing production throughout the life of a field. We have extensive experience of analyzing samples of conventional oils, volatile oil, gas condensate, and dry gas. We conduct geochemical analysis, pressure-volume-temperature (PVT) analysis, and a range of other services that inform your production strategies.
Aria PVT analysis techniques uncover a wealth of knowledge about the fluids in the reservoir, and guide decisions on the best production scenarios for the long-term viability of the well.
Core/Fluid special services can provide assistance with planning and acquiring core based data such as (but not limited to):
- Rock Type Determination
- Identifying Porosity/Permeability Correlations
- Digital core analysis and network modelling
- Seal and source rock analysis
- Sedimentology and reservoir description
- Structural analysis
- Checking PVT data consistency
- PVT simulation matching
- Fluid invasion and tracer studies
- Fluid characterization (IFT and Contac angle)
We are also ready to design new setups for specified tests and measuring specified rock/fluid properties. Both design and test procedures are all according to API standards. As a case study we have the experience of designing CAPRI setup according to standard qualifications which is novel due to reducing the test duration from 4 months to less than 45 days.